Monday, 20 February 2012

Handmade Photobook


Today I made my first bound book in a photography bookwork workshop at uni. 
I love the old photographs that my family have had passed down to them from older generations and want to use this Bookwork unit to present them, preserve them and to explore my grandparents lives.

This miniature book shows a series of photographs that my Grandad sent home to his mother whilst stationed in North Africa during WW2, 1944 (the originals are still kept in the original air mail envelope!)..

My Gran and Grandad were first introduced during WW2- they began as strangers sending letters to one another. I'm currently collecting a series of letters and wartime communication, earlier photographs of their childhoods and wedding photographs to produce a book to celebrate how their lives became endlessly entwined.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month