Sunday, 23 October 2011

Camera Testing

My college moved location to a shiny new building in the centre of town the year after I did my foundation course. This meant they had to sort out all the store cupboards and de-clutter the photography department as they were down-sizing.  Being one of the only people that spent a lot of time in the darkroom, my tutor gave me a few old cameras that he wasn't sure worked any more and had no need for. 



Over a year later and I still hadn't run a test film through this old Praktica, until I came home to Hastings last weekend and forgot to bring a camera with me.


There's no light meter to this camera so I guess-timated what each exposure would be, I wasn't sure if the camera even worked properly and had trouble rewinding the film, which meant developing the film in two halves! 


But it worked, yay!   

It was my boyfriends 21st last weekend, hence coming home. I went with his family to Charleston house, a house by the South Downs once occupied by a number of the Bloomsbury artists, and was regularly visited by Virginia Woolf. 

Harry received a 550D from his parents so we had a real photography expedition! Luckily the sun was shining for us. I think it was probably the last nice day of the year, Hello Winter! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month